Monday, April 23, 2018

JB top, more boxy pouches, and a show

I made more boxy pouches. I am getting faster at making them. I sew them in groups that use the same colored thread.

Saturday the band had a private party to play at. It was at an VFW hall. It was an easy load in and out. Everyone had a good time and the food was great!

I didn't get to bed until after midnight, but I made my self get the JB top done. I had to add to the ocean in the lower left and square it up. I didn't have enough ocean fabric left, so I used a piece of sky fabric in the corner. It is the same colors so it blends in fine.

I went out and worked in the yard for an hour. It was tough as I was tired. I worked on cutting back the ornamental grass and raking up the leaves in the front flower bed. Here is what it looked like before

It looks better now, but I still need to cut down the ornamental grass on the right of the picture. The grass needs mowed to, but one thing at a time.

4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Great progress. You go girl!

Vicki W said...

I know it feels good to have the top together!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Wow, what a difference an hour makes! The ocean looks good and the proportion works. The boxy pouches look great in their assembly line. It all looks good, the whole shebang.

Kaja said...

I wouldn't have given that little piece of sky a second thought if you hadn't mentioned it.