Wednesday, April 11, 2018

It takes courage ...

to improv piece! At least I think it does especially when the fabric is limited and I don't want to make a mistake. The border print fabric was custom designed for shirts for the Coral Reefer Band and I want to not waste any of it since it is all I have. I like the way this is going so far. I added the sky piece to the white t-shirts and stitched together leftovers to make a strip to separate the black t-shirt section from the white t-shirt section. I like the way it looks.

I had the border edge with the mountains and ocean left from the sky piece so I hung it at the bottom where I had been trying out several pieces of border print. I still haven't made a decision.

I watched the end of the Paris-Roubaix bike race and was excited that my current favorite rider, Peter Sagan won the race! The race always ends up with a lap around the velodrome at Roubaix and it was Peter and one other rider that fought it out for first place. Peter is a very strong sprinter, but after 257 kilometers or 169 miles legs were tired.

The trophy

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That trophy looks like a big rock! I always think of you when I see biking on the TV. I know how much you love it.

I really love those courageous clouds and mountains among the t-shirts! looking good, going strong!

Kaja said...

I like the sky fabrics in with the t-shirts a lot.