Thursday, July 16, 2015

11th finish for 2015

I am late posting today as I forgot my phone cord this morning. I go home everyday at lunch so here we go.

Yeah! I finally got the teal and purple quilt done! The pictures are a bit dark as I took them at 7 this morning and it was very overcast so there was not much light coming thru the windows. Maybe I will take a better picture tonight after work. It turned out 90" x 90". Square quilts are not typical for me, but for this design it works.
I really like the back too now that the quilt is done.

I stopped at the library and picked up a couple of books on embroidery stitches for the rock/metal t-shirt quilt. I need to get crackin' on that. It is due August 24, but I remember last year they wanted them early so they could take pictures. I only have about 4 weeks so I had better start stitching while I watch the Tdf.

Speaking of the tour, Froome is still in the yellow and my man, Peter, is back in green.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wasn't sure about that backing either but it does look great now that I see it with more of the front.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Yeah! Congrats on your finish! It is spectacular! the colors are beautiful and blend so well togther. Like a peacock, it reminds me of a peacock!

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great!