Monday, July 28, 2014

Where have I been?

Thursday I watched the tour and then went over to my brother's house to help my SIL made food for all the musicians coming over for rehearsal with my nephew's band. We made stuff shells, garlic bread, sausage in cooked in sause, and she had bought apple pie and ice cream for dessert.

So half way thru rehearsal the gang came upstairs from the studio to eat. The stuffed shells were really good! Here they are in the studio.

Between everything going on I did managed to get the last two vests done.

Friday I watched Stage 19 of the tour, but before it was over I had to head over to my brother's to ride with them to the gig. I left the house at a little before 11 a.m. and I got to bed at 1 a.m. the next day. Yes, it was a long day. I help to unload the equipment and set up the merchandise booth. I had to sit at the booth so I brought entertainment. I finished unquilting my son's quilt that I am repairing from his dog ripping it, read a magazine, watched a DVD, and had a lovely conversation with one of Michael's buddies all about smart phones. I thought I took a picture of the booth, but I must of accidently deleted it.

While they were setting up on stage I was showing another brother of mine the fabric I used to make the equipment covers. He said he had been looking for a cover for his amp and asked if I could make him one. The drummer had a measuring tape so I took measurements and Saturday morning while I watched Stage 20 of the tour, I made David a cover.

Back to Friday night. The big show started at 8 p.m. David plays guitar and he was excited to be part of the show. Here he is on stage with Michael. Michael wore the red vest. The bass player is in the background. David did a great job and told Michael he would love to play with him again.

This was a special event because about 9:30 Jimy Sohns join in and did a set. Jimy wrote and sang the song "G-l-o-r-i-a".

Of course, it started to rain about 10:10 p.m. The crowd all looked at the weather on their phones and hightailed it out of there. By the time we went to load out it was raining pretty hard.

Saturday my friend came over to pin baste this wedding ring quilt on my table. I love the colors in this quilt! It was machine and hand piece and has quite a few puckers and areas with a lot of fullness. It is a special piece so regardless of the quality of the workmanship, the person wanted it finished. My friend did fix many places where the white sewing thread was showing and fixed where the stitching was coming apart.

Pin basting was going on inside while I was outside mowing. I had tried for 35 minutes trying to get my mower started. When my brothers came over to get David's amp cover they got the mower start on the second or third pull. We let the mower idle in the driveway as they visited. I didn't want to shut it off for fear I couldn't get it started again. My arm is so sore for yanking the cord!

Sunday I watched the final stage of the tour. Here are the four jersey winners lined up at the beginning of the Stage before they rode into Paris.

Peter Sagan won his third overall green jersey in a row.

While watching the final stage I worked on the ocean quilt - finally! It is taking me a long time to quilt the ocean part of the quilt. I have to think about which way my swirls go so I stop after each one to think about the next one. I was having trouble with my thread breaking on the batik fabrics so it was slow going. About 7 p.m. my right arm was so sore I quit, but I do have about half the ocean section quilted!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You've been busy! Glad to see progress on the ocean.