Thursday, November 7, 2013

Duvetyne and Justin's quilt

Eight yards of duvetyne was sitting outside my front door when I finally got home from a crazy day at work. The duvetyne is a fire resistance fabric used for curtains for stages. For the big show next weekend, my brother wanted to make a screen for the side of the stage so he could work on guitars and be available for any technical problems. He can sit behind the screen with all his equipment and extra guitars for Michael without being a distraction. Now I just need to get some measurements from him so I can get a couple screen panels made up.

I got the gold and orange section quilted last evening and I started on the green plaid taffada long piece bordering the gold/orange section this morning. I am happy with the steady progress I am making on this project and do not see any reason why I won't have it done for the 22nd of November.

2 comments:

QuiltSwissy said...

I can't wait to get my stuff all set up and have some time to do some work! I am loving Justin's quilt

Exuberant Color said...

I'm glad to see you are making progress and having no problems with the different kinds of fabric. When I started quilting, I used any scraps I had and probably the biggest percentage had poly in them in the 1960s. They really aren't much different than all cotton except they won't ease in as well if you need that.