Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My ride

Well, I made it home last eveing ok. I had to walk the bike part way because the first half mile is uphill with 4 lanes of traffic and no room for a sorry bike rider. Once I got up the hill and across a very busy intersection, it was pretty much downhill from there. I only had to get off the bike once more to cross at another busy intersection. I just don't trust people are going to see me even with my bright red jacket so I would rather walk the bike across. I was tired when I got home. I sat and watched a movie and went to bed so no quilting happened.
Yesterday the fellow that delivers our copier paper is an avid bike rider and he notice that my chain was in a goofy place. He gave me a quick education about how I might not be using my gear shifts corectly. Well, he was such a big help! This morning I rode all the way to work except when I had to stop to cross a busy street! Monday it took me 50 minutes to get to work with all the walking I did. Today it took me 30 minutes! That was even with the time it took to pick myself up off the floor (pavement) when I started back on the bike after I cross the street. I had my foot turned and caught my heel on the bike frame. It was just stupid. I had already made sure there were no cars coming before I remounted my bike anyway so there was not danger of being hit by a car. I picked myself up, brushed off my bum, and started pedding again. I am not as tired today so maybe I will get some quilting done tonight.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

you are one brave lady riding a bike with the way people drive nowadays. This should be taking care of your exercise for the day too.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhhh! Didn't hurt yourself I hope. Mnfriend Dan took a nasty spill once on a ride with us. But daughter Carrie took the best tumble when she went over the handlebars and rolled allllllll the way down the forty foot levee!

It was spectacular!

glen