Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 19 wedding quilt quilting

I have been in a bit of a blue funk for the last couple of days, but I'm ok. I made myself quilt a block on the wedding quilt last evening. So this is number 26 out of 42 done.

Yesterday at lunch I walked across the steet (a very bust 4 lanes!) to a antique/junk shop to look at a quilt that they have had hanging outside. Here is what the place looks like from across the street. I can't believe I got this shot without a car in it.

Here is what they had on display:
one made with a variety of fabrics - I think it was marked $40.00

This funky top that I love - $45.00

This one I like very much also. Looks like large scraps just sewn together - $75.00

I went inside to see what else they had and there was this top - $35.00. Hand pieced and nicely made. I really, really liked this, but I didn't buy it for me. This top and the other funky top are finding a new home in NYC. These quilts looked like someone whose blog I read and get inspired from. I emailed her just to show her these two tops and I said that they reminded me of her. Now she wants to buy them. I ran back over to the shop, bought them, and they are going in the mail this morning to their new home. I can't wait to see how she finishes them!

This shop also had lots and lots of linens. Here is one section and they had two more sections packed with linens.

I could have spent hours digging thru this shop!

I may have quilting company tomorrow. I have not heard back from them so I am not sure at this point. I will be spending as much time as I can on the wedding quilt. I would like to get it done and move on to the next project. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I absolutely adore that second one! It looks like a quilt that my Great-Grandmother would have made.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

for the amount of quilting you are putting in each block you are still making good progress on the wedding quilt.
The second top reminded me of the fabric in tablecloths in the 1950s.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Glad you got some time to quilt! That had to make you feel great. And the trip to that store was incredible. Thanks for taking us along. The tops are fabulous!

glen

Nifty Quilts said...

Oh wow! Those old quilt tops bring joyful tears to my eyes. Good thing I'm not there. I'd have to bring them all home!