Monday, July 25, 2011

More progress on the dutch wax flag and the tour is over

I now have 26.5 square feet of the quilt quilted - 22.5 feet to go. I had the TdF on trying to catch up on Friday's stage on Saturday since Friday evening I went to see my nephew's band play. Those kids played on under the shelter during a downpour to a small crowd that was brave enough to stay. When I say I watch the Tdf while I machine quilt I really mean that I listen and look up every few minutes to see the time gaps or if there is a problem. It makes me too nervous to watch some of the mountain stages when the crowds of people get so close to the riders. This way I hear what is going on and keep up with the progress of the stage. Hope that answers your question Janet.

Speaking of the TdF - congratulations to Aussie Cadel Evans Team BMC for the GC yellow jersey win, Isle of Man Mark Cavendish for the green jersey, and Team Garmin Cervelo for the team win (this is the team Thor Hushovd is on), Pierre Rolland for the best young rider jersey, Jeremy Roy for the most aggressive rider prize, and Sammy Sanchez for the King of the Mountain Jersey.

Cadel Evans

No comments: