Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How do you stay motivated?

Last evening I messed around to avoid tackling this pile of alterations. I need to find the motivation to get these done so I can move on to what I want to do. How do you motivated yourself to accomplish a job you don't really want to do? I keep telling myself to just buckle down and get it done so it is out of my hair. So far that is not working!
This is not the best flower, but after the rain yesterday afternoon this is what was left. I forgot what color this daylilly was since last year the deer at every bud off of this plant.
I have two plants of this color of daylilly. My apricot daylilly was covered with flowers until during the day a deer came along and ate almost all the flowers. It didn't snack on any other plants thank goodness!
I saw Bubba and mom this morning. Mom has her ears perked up looking at me when I opened the window to take this picture.
Here is my pile of patches for zig zag quilts that I have when I started cleaning out my scrap bins. I still have more scraps, but I have over 500 patches (5 1/2" x 5 1/2" including seam allowances) which I plan on using for this years family Xmas quilt. I want to get started on that quilt and have it done before Xmas this year.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I usually make myself do the "chore" for 1 hour before I am allowed to do whatever it is that I want to do. Eventually I get through it. That's how all of my household chore get done!