Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What a mess

Shoveling this morning was like shoveling sand. Yes, that is exactly what the 1.5 - 2" of snow that landed felt like. It was the weirdest snow I had ever seen. I would hear it thru the night hitting the windows. It took me 25 minutes to get to work and I only had to go 3.4 miles, but the streets were total crap. I had one small hill that I almost didn't make it up. We have company meeting today that is 15 miles away and I am not going. All the schools are closed and we are just sitting and waiting for the freezing rain that is suppose to be happen on and off today and all day tomorrow. Fun times!

When I was cleaning up scraps this past weekend I found this silk pincushion that was not finished. I went ahead and did some hand quilting on it and put it together. It will make a nice gift in a pinch.

1 comment:

Selvage Quilter said...

That's a beautiful pin cushion.
We're snowed in again too, waiting for ice. It sounds like your storm is blowing East to us.
Hugs to you.