Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 4 for the Hellebrous

No sewing happened last night. I ended up spending most of my time in the kitchen. I had some dishes that needed washed and some chicken that had to be cooked. I decided to try Jamie Oliver's chicken nugget recipe. The I used plain bread crumbs and the nuggets were so good! I think next time I will try making them with the seasoned Italian crumbs. I also had to finish draining my yogurt. If you have been following my blog you would know that I now make my own Greek style yogurt. I had been using Dannon for my starter, but recently I found Chobani Greek yogurt and thought I would try it as my starter. Oh my, I am so glad I did! The Chobani is silky smooth and has a very soft almost sour cream taste to it. When I used the Dannon, the yogurt tasted just like Dannon yogurt. I was suprised that my yogurt was almost as silky as the Chobani and the taste is wonderful. I bought the plain to use as my starter, but I only needed a couple of spoonfuls so I added some honey and cinnamon to the left over and enjoyed every moment eating it.



I did get my weekly picture of the Hellebrous. It has grown a bit - to me it just looks stronger than it did last week. We have received lots of rain the past few days. If the temperature goes up, I think the plant will really take off. I think I will mix up a weak solution of little fertilizer water to give them a little boost.

No comments: