This is the selvage pincushion I made last evening. The selvages are from my African fabrics. It measures 5 1/4" x 8". It did turn out a little large, but I say go big or go home - that's is my excuse and I am sticking with it! I found a faux ethnic bead in my odds and ends drawer so I put in the middle. I like the way it turned out.
This is a shot of the back stone wall I blogged about yesterday that I need to move. The stones that were given to me are from the foundation of an old milk house. I know one weights 300 pounds and these were the small stones!
I dug out the grass - 4 wheelbarrows full to the compost pile. Next I will have to dig out some soil. When I orginally set the stone, I dugged down to the solid clay, put in a layer of small rocks hoping to keep the grass from creeping into the flower bed, and then set the stones. It worked well, but now I have to move the stones, gather up the small rocks and move them to the new location. When you look at the picture it doesn't seem like I am moving the stones that far, but I will have to move the stones at the center about 4 feet. My goal is to post the finish bed on Monday so stay tuned!