Monday, June 22, 2026
Tote bags, quilting, and wildlife
Saturday was all about making tote bags for the merch booth. I needed to get ahead on these. I sewed together 22.
My friend had brought me more bags cut to size at the show on Friday so I sewed those together.
There were eight bags so that gave me a total of 30 bags finished on Saturday.
I spent most of Sunday quilting on the rail fence quilt. I am now 84% done!
My front yard was looking like a Disney movie with a bunny and a doe hanging out.
I was on a mission this weekend to start to deal with the chipmunk problem. They are digging holes everywhere and the population has exploded even though I eliminated a bunch two years ago. This weekend I caught six. I couldn't set up the traps this morning since it was raining. I have learned not to set them up overnight, because if I catch something during the night then some other animal comes along for a free dinner and drags my trap away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah , the free meal trap relocation move. We have explosion of chipmunks this year, too.
That was a good sewing weekend.
I think my neighbor's cat is scaring away the chipmunks this year. I saw him playing with one that he had injured in the backyard. I'm sure it was dead by the time he was done. He takes his kills home and lays them on their porch.
The rail fence is coming along great! How nice of your friend to pre-cut the tote kits for you.
You are always so productive!!!! We have two squirrels now! at our bird feeders! Just scare them away now. We did capture racoon last year and rehomed him about 15 miles away!
Post a Comment