Friday, February 26, 2016

Airing my dirty laundry and knitting

I promised you that I would show you the before and after pics of my laundry/dye studio/utility room so here we go. My only excuse of how it got this way is that I was too busy sewing - that's my story and I am sticking to it! LOL!! I was just tired of tripping over the stuff!

3 - 3 1/2 hours later and at least four loads of laundry it looked like this. While I was at it I noticed that the furnace filter needed changed so I did that too.

Much better! I still have some more tasks to do - scrub the laundry tub and go thru the stuff on the shelves to eliminate things, but overall it is much better. I got rid of old cosmetics, empty boxes, stacked up the bubble wrap, and got rid of some old ratty painting clothes. After hauling one large and one small trash bag to the bin it was 8 p.m. and I was getting tired so I called it a day.

My next room to attack is my guest room since I will be having company next week. The bed is piled with quilts and clothes I need to make into quilts.

I did start another scarf yesterday at lunch. This one is not for anyone in particular, but someone may like to have it.

I haven't even thought about what I am going to work on this weekend besides labeling two quilts and cleaning. I guess we will both be surprised what is on Monday's post!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh! You have a basement? I have never seen one! It looks, well, underground! LOL

I loved the backstage tour yesterday. It is amazing to see all the equipment and cables. And instruments! I am just amazed at all the things that move with them.

Joyce Dean Gieszler said...

Congrats on the clean-up. It looks great! I'd love to know the pattern you're using for the scarf. It looks great as well.

Linda said...

What stitch or pattern are you using for your scarf? Very nice.

patty a. said...

Linda, I got your comment, but your email address is a no-reply so I hope you see the answer here. I got the pattern from Purl Soho. I am making mine narrower since I have a short neck. I am using 25 stitches, 3 colors of yarn, and each row is k1, p1, k1, p1, ...

Vicki W said...

It's amazing how quickly things get out of control! Hope you have a nice weekend.

Dar said...

Very pretty scarf. I like the pattern too.