Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Charm - part 2

Every year they have an auction to benefit different causes. Here are some of the quilts that were going to be auctioned off. They were hung at Keim Lumber which is across the street and up a steep hill from the quilt shop.


I had stopped at Keim on Friday morning before I went to the quilt shop and bought this flashlight to keep at my sewing table. The light is very white so it is easy to tell navy from black and gray from black now.

After the shop closed I walked down the street to the bicycle shop and bought a bracket and side pouch for my bicycle. All the Amish have these on their bikes. I will see how it works out and I may have to buy a second side pouch when I head out to Charm to work in May.

I had to fiddle around a bit to get the bracket on the bike, but I managed to get it installed. Now I am all ready to ride my bike to work once we move next week.

Remember this quilt I made? Well at least you saw parts of it when I was working on it earlier this year. I was looking for the post and it was still a draft - I never posted it. This was my first finish for 2013. It is posted now.

Here is a picture of a picture of the baby who the quilt was made for. Such a cutie! His parents call him Trip, but that is not his given name.

I will post an update on the Halloween quilt tomorrow.

No comments: