Thursday, May 13, 2010

Backing and bunnies

I got the backing dyed for the Millennium quilt. I used the low water immersion method and used the colors Tobacco and Lemon Yellow. Here it is folded in half all pressed and ready to go.

I had several comments about my big table. My dad built it for me. It weights a ton! The top was made with 2 sheets of birch plywood with sheet one split for the leaves. He made it so the leaves can be taken off and the top can be removed which was so helpful when I moved. I will have to take a couple of picture of the base so if someone knows a woodworker they could see how it was made and possibly duplicate it. I left my unfinished because when I lay out a backing fabric the texture of the plywood kind of grabs the fabric and hold it in place. I still tape my backing down when I pin baste, but the texture helps also.


I checked the bunnies after work yesterday and they have grown. When I pulled back the grass they started making noises. Maybe they thought I was mama and they were going to get dinner.

4 comments:

Mishkat said...

Those baby bunnies are adorable - that is a wonderful photo!

And I envy your table! Your dad did a great job. I'm still using the floor, and we do not have a piece of floor space that's large enough to lay out a large quilt.

Can't wait to see the finished Millenium quilt.

Misty said...

Aww, the bunny nest is looking so cute! How many babies are in there?

patty a. said...

As best I can tell there are five bunnies.

Leeanne said...

Oh cute bunnies.....once again..love the table.