Monday, July 11, 2016

Three busy days

I stitched most of Friday except for about 6 hours where I went to the zoo with family and then a late lunch. It was so hot.

Saturday I stitched in the morning while I watched the Tour de France. I had to leave at 2:00 and head to my brother's house. Michael had a gig at a private party. I took my stitching with me as I knew that once we unloaded the equipment I would have nothing to do. The weather was so nice! The humidity was gone and the temperature was in the upper 70's. It was one heck of a party! Lots of good food! The fellow had two tents for guests and had built a stage and put up a tent for the band. This was a heck of a lot nicer than playing on that truck trailer two weeks ago! I didn't get to bed until 1:15 a.m.

Sunday I was up at 6 a.m. to watch the Tour and stitch. Yes, that was a short night! After the stage was over I took a nap for about 40 minutes then it was time for the Cleveland Indians game with more stitching. So what did I get done? I worked on this shirt on Friday and Saturday morning. It is in the middle of the quilt and it is easier to work on with the quilt on a table. I still need to finish stitching around 3 1/2 letter, stitch the date, and do the border.

The other shirt is close to being done. I need to outline the AC/DC in the yellow satin floss and stitch on the dates and it will be done. I should have taken a picture of it before I started embellishing it so you could see the difference.

I would guess I am about 28% done and I have 39 days to get this done. There are a few shirts that will not need much stitching on them so I think I will work on those just to make myself feel better.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the way I like to work, do a lot of the easy part to feel a lot of accomplishment and then do the harder parts. I know a lot of people do it the opposite way. I hope you get it all done in 38 days or less and have a little time to relax before delivering it.

Vicki W said...

I feel much better, thank you!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Work on ONE easy one then hit a hard one. You will have an easy one to look forward to.