Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Four days of hard work ...

and this is what I accomplished
1. fixed two pairs of jeans for the neighbor kid
2. Made a cover for the seat of my nephew's new drum stool
3. finished the baby quilt top that was hanging on the design wall since I needed the design wall for the next item
4. Took this pile of Harley t-shirts

and working 2 hours and 50 minutes on Friday, 10 hours and 25 minutes on Saturday, and 7 hours and 45 minutes on Sunday for a total of 21 hours have this quilt ready to machine quilt

I had the Tour de France and the Cleveland Indians to keep me company. I am keeping track of my time so when somebody asks how long it took to make this quilt I can tell them.


5. Cleaned the studio, laundry room, and swept out the garage
6. laundry - about 5 or 6 loads
7. made flat bread
8. Weed whacked the perimeter of the back yard (took 2 hours)
Before
after
9. wiped down the dash and inside of the doors of the car and cleaned out the accumulated stuff
10. mowed the rest of the back yard. Yes, I have my mower back and it is running like a top!
11. made an emergency trip to Lowe's at 7 p.m. last night to get one of these
It is a snake for a drain. My shower drain was plugged up. It is working fine now!

So those are the highlights. I did get a little bit of embroidery done on the AC/DC quilt and I mean just a little bit on Monday. Not even enough worth showing, but getting the Harley quilt to the machine quilting point was huge.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

You got a lot done! I'm surprised that AC/DC got shorted though. :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Doesn't it surprise you sometimes how many hours you put into making a quilt? I estimate sometimes how long I think it will take and then keep track. It is almost always more than I estimate.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Whoa! you were some busy! Good thing you didn't have BBQ with us this weekend, you would have slacked off the whole day!