Monday, March 21, 2016

Doing and undoing

Sunday was the first day of spring, but I woke up to a heavy dusting of snow! Bummer! Here are my first blooms on the daffodils that happened before the temperature dropped Saturday night. Daffodils are tough and this cold spell won't bother them.

I went to the yarn shop to get another skein of yarn so I could finish my scarf. Since the yarn is hand dyed there is a lot of variation from skein to skein. I couldn't resist buying a few more.

I had brought my scarf for matching and the lady at the shop suggested that I knit two rows with one skein and two rows with the other skein to blend them. I first tried just adding the second skein and there was too big of a color difference.

I ended up tearing out the scarf down to two or three rows and started over.

I now have about 10 1/2 inches knitted. It a good thing I am not in a hurry to get this done, but it was a lesson learned when knitting hand dyed yarn. I had never use it before, thus the mistake.

I did work on my Nocturne quilt on Sunday. I am now 48% done with the quilting!

While I quilt I am always thinking what the next project is going to be. I have some quilt backing coming from Connecting Threads. They were having sales last week so I got an excellent deal on it. Some of the backing will be for the next project.

I also made time to go for a hike in the woods. The snow had disappeared by the time I headed out. It was nice and peaceful and I didn't run into another person the whole time I was in the park.

I took an unmarked path to just see where it went. It dead ended here so I turned around and walked back to the main trail.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I like the 2 yarns blended on your scarf. Of course you had to buy more. It only makes sense!