Wednesday, February 17, 2016

What a crazy day!

We received about 4" of heavy wet snow between 4 and 5 am on Tuesday so I had to shovel the driveway before I could head to my brother's house. This is the most snow we have received at once all winter.

I got to my brother's house and then we headed to Cleveland to go look at kitchen cabinets for the kitchen he is remodeling and for cabinets for my living room. We made it to Cleveland without any issues. Here is some shots of the place we were at.

This place also has furniture and mattresses.

The lady that helped up was wonderful and we left with drawings, prices, and all our questions answered. Mike and I stopped for a bite to eat and headed back. We were about 10 miles from Mike's house when his wife called. She had gotten stuck in a parking lot and couldn't get out. So we stayed on the interstate and headed to help. Then the traffic came to a slow down. We creped along for a mile or so and it was a semi carrying cars that was stopped in the middle lane. We got around that and got to my SIL. There were a couple of fellows that had shoveled, but the problem was the van was on an incline with the back lower than the front. After two tries my brother got the van turned around and we headed back to his house because that was where my car was.

I helped Mike shovel a bit more at his house because the snow plow had come by. Look how pretty the trees look with the snow.

We then all piled into the car and dropped my nephew off for band practice and then the three of us headed to Kent, Ohio to a granite countertop place. I don't know how long we were there. We made selections and headed back to Mike's house. I then headed home. It was about 5:15 when I got to the cul-de-sac where I live. It had not been plowed and after two tries I could not get up the street to my house. There is just enough of a grade that when it is covered with deep loose snow I just cannot get enough momentum to get over the crest. I backed out of the street, parked the car, walked to the house, got the shovel, and shoveled the street and entry to the cul-de-sac for a half hour. I tried again and got the car to the house. Let's just say I didn't get any sewing done yesterday and I sure can feel all the shoveling in my arms today! Here is the entrance all shoveled.

The city did finally come by and plow the street last night.

Another brother called and gave the measurements for the pedal board covers he needs me to make. He also added a cover for a steel guitar and a road case. Thank goodness I had enough (from left to right) car cover fabric, Duvetyne (this is flame resistant), and clear vinyl in my stash to make everything he needs by next Tuesday along with the doggie quilts.

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Wow, think of all those calories you left in the street! I am almost jealous I don't have to shovel......almost.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

those trees are just drop dead gorgeous! I AM jealous of that part!

Vicki W said...

Holy crap you are busy! I LOVE the first picture of the trees in snow.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Our snow was light and fluffy because it was so cold when it snowed. You must have had warmer temps there. That was s lot of shoveling for one day for you.