Friday, February 12, 2016

Scraps, doggie quilts, knitting - Oh my!

The other day I received a package of scraps from my blogging quilt buddy Wanda from Exuberant Color. The were flannel scraps that I will use to mix in with the other flannel scraps I have. There were some lighter colors which I needed.

Wanda and I share of love of African Dutch Wax fabric and she threw in some scraps she had been saving for me. They are fabulous and some pieces a bit bigger than what I would call a scrap! So generous!

Wanda had sent me this piece of African fabric with these cute fish several years ago. I have been holding on to it for the right project.

I have this WIP that I will be using the scraps and the fish fabric. I have a box of my own scraps somewhere in the fabric storage room that will be added to this improv piece.
This piece is not on my UFO list. See Glen, I have a few projects buried in corners too!

Wanda, let me know when you get the postage check so I know you received it. Thanks so much!

I felt like knitting yesterday so at lunch and after work I got 5 1/4" knitted on the scarf that will be for my beautician. It is now 42" long so only 30" left to knit.

I got another doggie quilt top done too! Four done; four to go!

So this weekend will be all about working on the doggie quilts,

hand stitching the end of the zippers in the three drum cases

maybe a bit of knitting, and making Valentine cookies for the guys at work. I didn't make them for today since so many people are off site for training today.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Got your check for the postage yesterday! Thanks!

I love your improv piece. I think I need to just start one with no deadline in mind just to keep playing with the scraps.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhhhh! Love those dutch wax prints! And am so glad to see you have things buried in corners too! LOL,
I pulled out three more just this morning.

Nicky said...

Doggie Quilts ? are they quilts for dogs to lie on or for humans to remember their dogs? Love the scrappiness! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!