Monday, February 8, 2016

A new walking path - shopping the stash

Oh, I should start out by saying I feel a lot better! Friday I left work early because I felt so bad. After a good nights sleep, I starting feeling much better on Saturday. I went for a walk and ended up talking to a young couple that had just moved into the neighborhood. They were headed here

I asked them about it and here it is a path that connects with the metro park trails. I have walked by this hundreds of time, but it is not marked and I had no idea that what it was. So on Sunday it was almost 50 degrees so I headed to this trail. It is about a half mile from my house. The purple line is the trail. The blue line is where it hooks up to the mail trails in the metro park.

There were two places where it was very muddy and I almost had my shoe sucked off my foot! I had to cross the steam twice and that was a bit of a challenge too. Next time I go down there I am going to rearrange the stones to make myself an easier way to get across the stream. I don't think this path is well used because it dead ends in the neighborhood. I will know better once I start walking it this summer. It will be nice to walk because it will be very shady! I do need to get some proper footwear.

There are a couple of hills to hike over too!

I did get some knitting done on Saturday. My scarf is now 37 1/2" long. I had added 15 1/2" on Saturday. 34 1/2" to go.

I received the doggie bone fabric I needed for some doggie quilts I need to make for a friend of my brother. I shopped my stash to find other fabrics to go with them. They need to be just simple quilts and approximately 2 foot by 2 foot. I will have to get started on them as I need to have them done by Feb. 22. He also said he needed a few pedal board covers and I have the vinyl, car cover fabric, and elastic on hand so I can whip those up by the 22nd too. Just so you know I will get a guest ticket to see Bruce Springsteen for all my hard work!

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

How exciting, feeling better, The Boss and a new walking trail! You hit the trifecta this weekend!

Glad to see you are feeling better now. And you know i love those doggy prints!

Vicki W said...

The walking trail was a nice surprise!