Tuesday, January 5, 2016

UFO 2016, stash report, and other stats

UFO2015

This is what I wrote last year"
"I work on trying to complete all my UFO's every year, but I still have a lot to do. Vicki at Field Trips in Fiber is having a UFO busting event for 2015. With 40 items on my list I wonder how many I will get done by Dec. 31, 2015?"
Well, the answer is I completed 15 out of the 40 items I had on my list. Not too bad. Vicki is having this event again this year so here is my list below with the 25 items left from 2015 plus two new items which I will add pictures by this afternoon. I had better get crackin'!

1. Amish diamond 42" square I made this many years ago

2. Hand dyed striped quilt 74" x 85" When I was cleaning up on 1/4/2015 I found this quilt and had forgotten that I had not finished quilting all the black stripes.
3. Small quilt 42" w x 41" from the challenge earlier this year that didn't get picked

4. Log Cabin quilt - this is the second large quilt I had pieced. I had started to hand quilt this and it kept getting pushed aside. After two moves and several home remodels, the quilt was filthy and back then I used the batting that was available - polyester. I took out the hand quilting, washed the top and back, and plan to machine quilt this. This is my oldest UFO - 30+ years - and yes, I am going to get 'er done!

5. Improv musical quilt - queen sized - I have started quilting this, but had to put is aside.

6. Log cabin hand dyed fabric - look at the date - 2010! I don't remember the challenge I made this for, but I am way pass the entry date for sure!

7. Black and white star top - queen sized
8. Blue and tan log cabin - this is partially hand quilted and has polyester batting. I am going to remove the hand quilting, replace the batting, and machine quilt.

9. Wedding ring quilt for a friend - needs some major TLC!

10. Tea towel quilt
11. Hockey flannel quilt for my son 81" x 89"

12. Soccer boy 54 1/2 x 73" I may put a border on this one to make it a bit wider.

13. Maple leaf 78" x 102" the blocks were made by the late sister of a neighbor I had in Dover. I put together the top, because the neighbor does not sew.

14. Danks 90" x 99" this is a young fellow I work with. I made this as a housewarming gift. He and his long time girlfriend have been in their house for 3 years! Up date: they have now been in their house for 5 years and are now married! I need to get this done!

15. Red dog 54" x 65"

16. Red lips 30" x 43"

17. Art museum t-shirt piece. All I need to do is finish up the hand quilting with pearl cotton. This has been sitting around for at least 4 years.

18. Leftover flannel - see the dark green strips laying on top? I found those in my big clean up yesterday! I needed some more solid colored flannel so I am glad I found them!

19. Homespun - this is the remaining fabric from making 4 donation tops in 2014. This will be the end of the homespun in my stash.

20. wool quilt - this quilt was put on hold until my brother could get me the measurements he wanted the quilt to be to fit his bunk on the tour bus.

21. DP solid quilt

22. a pair of pj's that I need to alter for my girlfriend. They belonged to her late husband. He passed away 3 years ago Jan. 2. I need to get these done.

23. Living room drapes Done 5/30/16

24. guest room curtains Done 2/21/16

25. African fabric cut. These pieces have been sitting here for quite a while. Let's not even talk about the yardage I have!

26. Make some quilts out of Dad's clothes made one quilt for Kathy finished Sept. 2016

27. Strips for baby quilts made 5 tops

28. Hayden's T-shirt quiltDone 2/4/16


STASH REPORT

For 2015 I purchased a whopping 164.74 yards and used 120.5 yards. So far I have been a good girl and not bought any fabric despite all the great sales that have been going on. I was tempted, but resisted.

QUILTING THREAD USAGE

I started 2015 with 90,292 yards of quilting thread.

I purchased 51,200 yards so that means I used 13,272. That number seems a bit low to me. I must have adding something incorrectly, but it doesn't really matter. This is what my current quilting thread stash looks like.

And lastly here are the spools I emptied in 2015.

I don't have any big goals this year except to continue to work on my UFO's, make a couple of tops for veteran's quilts to send to Vicki, and make a piece for the Akron Art Prize.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

That's an impressive list. I really like #8!