Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Rock T-shirt progress

As I said yesterday, I worked on sewing together the t-shirts most of the day. This is what this piece looked like when I started.

Rocky and Dirty Harry entertained me while I sewed. I did miss have someone to talk too after two days in Charm with lots of interaction with all the ladies at the shop.

On Sunday I got the three left side vertical rows sewn together.

Once I got this far I did some quick measurements and realized that the piece was going to end up too wide. The Akron Art Prize changed the rules that the biggest a piece could be is 6' x 6'. Last year it was 8' x 8'. I needed to redesign so here is what I came up with.

Last evening I sewed both rows of shirts together so all I have left to do is sew the last to rows together, sew those rows to the left three rows, and then trim and the top will be done.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Your entry last time must have made them change the size rule. Tee-hee.

P. said...

Great idea for the vertical row! It adds another layer of interest.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Wow! You got a lot accomplished in a day! It looks fabulous :)

QuiltSwissy said...

You are getting a lot done! Yea, handsome boys are so good to have as company!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like that one row turned the other direction.