Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A change in plans

I was all about finishing my t-shirt top last evening, but as I pulled into the driveway my lawn looked like a hayfield. I decided I had better mow. I did the front, one side, and then started on the back. Look at those dandelions! I wonder if they could be used to do some fabric dyeing?

Well, I was mowing along and was almost done then the mower stopped. I figured I must have run out of gas. I filled the tank and I could not get the mower started again. I must have pulled the cord 30 or 40 times before I finally gave up. I will try again this weekend and get the section down the slope. Here is what the back yard looks like now.

I went inside, cooked some salmon and then spent the rest of the evening on the phone with my younger sister and one of my brothers so no sewing happened. But wait! I was up before 5 a.m. this morning so I took out the rubbish and recycling for today's pickup, ironed more of the washed fabric I had bought at Charm, and worked on the t-shirt quilt. I laid out the two right hand rows for trimming. I first laid the Hendrix's row on top of the Styx row to see how I was going to make the cut. Yes, both rows are going to be cut at the same time.

Cutting this way was not going to work so I put the Styx row on top of the Hendrix row. Ah, yes, this will work!

So here are the rows cut and waiting for me to sew them together tonight.

1 comment:

QuiltSwissy said...

yard and quilt look good cut!

I sure hope the mower works and doesn't require repairs!