Monday, December 29, 2014

Making a dent

I have been trying to make a dent in my list of things I wanted to get done with this time off from work. I finally made the new curtains for the studio. I even lined them with blackout lining to keep the sun blocked in the summer as the window faces south. I have had the fabric for this since this summer.

Before I just hung some scrap backing up - pitiful!

The after

I had a old queen sized mattress pad that was perfectly good so I cut it down to fit the twin sized guest bed.
This is a project that has needed to be done for at least a year and a half!
Before

After

I had a queen sized flat sheet that was too short so I added about an 18" piece to the bottom of the sheet. This way maybe it will not pull out as easy. Another job that I had been thinking about doing for a long time

I made a linen pillowcase from fabric I bought a couple of years ago.

I went thru my backing and batting scraps and made up some small practice pieces for free motion machine quilting. I have borrowed some DVD's from the library and now I will be ready to sew along with the DVD's when I watch them.

It feels so good to get some of these projects done! Let's see what other damage I can do!

I stopped into work when I went for my walk to take care of the mail so I thought I would post while I was here.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You've gotten a lot done! I love getting those little not-much-time-but-boring projects done.