Monday, December 1, 2014

19th finish for 2014

Yes, it is done - the Moda Halloween quilt. I put the last machine quilting stitch in it at 8 p.m. on Saturday. I spent Sunday putting the rest of the binding on it. I did go to the grocery store on Sunday morning at 7 am before I started on the binding. I finished the binding at 3 p.m. Over all it took me much longer than I thought it would to finished this quilt.

Remember that I posted about having to piece together scraps for the binding? Here is the binding all pieced together. Again, it took me much longer than I thought it would take.

Here is the finished quilt. I should have moved my hanging rod up so the quilt didn't sit on the floor, but I was just too damn tired. It ended up 91" x 115".

The back

I had to take a better picture of the Michael Miller challenge quilt.

I also submitted the Where's Jimmy? quilt. Now it is a matter of just waiting. I drove to the office at 5 pm to fill out the on-line entry for these three pieces. I was done at 6. I was so tired that I couldn't even think. I should have been more clever with my descriptions and I should have made a second entry for a couple more quilts, but it is what it is.

I never imagined it would take my entire 4 days off to finish this, but it did. My poor sewing machine; it sounds just awful! Remember that scene in the movie the Blues Brothers where they finally reach the building for the tax department and the car just falls apart? Well, I was wondering it that was going to happen to my machine! Once I get my other machine back from my repair man guru this one is going for a overhaul.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! You deserve a couple of sewing days off now!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you give your body and machine parts a break for a bit. Maybe go for a piece that's 12 inches square.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It should be called the Machine Cruncher Quilt! LOL

It is a work of art. You did a great job on all of them. I hope you get a three quilt acceptance to this show!

glen: typing with no glasses, I can't guarnatee any of the words being correct!