Thursday, December 12, 2013

Quilting done - auditioning binding

Yeah! I finished the quilting and now it is on to the binding. I wanted to use sheet music looking fabric for the binding. I can't remember what you call the lines the notes are on. Well, anyway I found some in black and gold. I thought the gold would tie into the gold back and it picks up the gold in some of the prints. I didn't have any white or red that had straight lines of music. I did find a small scrap of scattered music notes so I decided to throw that in to get a couple hits of red in the binding. Here is the binding laid out full width. It will be not so in your face once it is folded and sewn on.


It is cold this morning! My car said 13 degrees, but the computer link says 8 degrees. We only received about a half an inch of snow - just enough to slick the roads up. Since I only have to go one mile it is not an issue. Be safe out there and stay warm where ever you are!

2 comments:

Kucki68 said...

Love the red bits in the binding!

Vicki W said...

I will not complain about the cold here! I love the scrappy binding plan. This quilt has really come together quickly!