Friday, July 20, 2012

Working on the black Olivia quilt top

I made some good progress on the borders for the black Olivia quilt. As I was sewing together the pieces for these borders, I had a calm feeling that came over me - I really like to sew and create quilts. It was very odd in a way since I have been sewing most of my life, but it just hit me as I quietly added each piece.

We finally got some rain yesterday - YEAH! It rained for about an hour and a quarter. It is very overcast this morning, but the radar doesn't show any rain. Like everywhere else, the rain is very hit or miss and the rain pops up and disappears just as quick.
My nephew's band is playing tonight so I will be going to that wearing my new t-shirt. I think he is playing another venue this weekend also, but I don't know if it is Saturday or Sunday. A woman from my MQG is suppose to come over Sunday to use my design wall so I hope Michael is playing Saturday.

I think I will be having a busy weekend going to see the band play, gathering up stuff for a garage sale my neighbor is having the 27, 28, and 29th, working on the black Olivia quilt top, watching the last two Stages of the TDF, and with company coming on Sunday. Gee wiz it is going to be hard to find time to sleep! At least my teeth quit hurting so I feel much beet and will be able to a lot of stuff done. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It is always good to have no pain. You just seem to get so much more accomplished if you don't hurt all day.

glen

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Glad to hear your teeth aren't hurting any more. As someone who suffers head pain I know how that gets to you. We finally gor almost an inch of rain 2 nights ago. I hope you get rid of a lot at the garage sale.