Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Xmas quilt progress, canna, and Tour of Suisse

I quilted for two hours last evening and now have 1/12th of the quilt done. I like to have some sort of measurement to track my progress. I like to know how far I have come and how far I have to go.


I checked the canna this morning to see their progress. I gave them a big drink of water last night and I can see the difference this morning in the two sprouts to the left, but not much change to the sprout on the right. Yes, it has only been 3 days since I tossed them into the ground, but I still see changes every day. Here is this morning's picture


and yesterday's shot


I took a picture of my lists. I have them hanging on the door of my fabric storage room. I have a constant reminder of what needs to be done and I love it when I get to cross something off the list.


I have been watching the Tour of Suisse (Switzerland) and there has been some exciting racing going on! I posted last year about the accomplishments of Peter Sagan and I had a feeling that he was going to be the next big thing when it comes to sprinters and I was right! So far this year he has won 11 stages in 5 different races. He won 5 stages in the Tour of California alone! In yesterday's finish Peter just blew by the other riders! I think I will call him the rocket man because he rocketed by the other sprinters. Here is Peter getting kisses from the podium girls yesterday.


Peter is going to participate in his first Tour de France this year and his participation is going to add even more drama to the sprint finishes. I can now see Peter, Mark Cavandish (the max missle), Tom Boonen (Tornado Tom) and Thor Hushovd (god of thunder) wheel to wheel thundering down the road toward the finish line with sheer power! It is going to be exciting to see!

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL! That God of Thunder thing impressed me! Years ago in our childless years of early marriage we hung with a guy named Tor. He was always mysterious and good looking......

glen: I love your idea of the pictures as your list, way cool!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

PS - I think Tor is a bald 62 year old guy now.......