Here is another finish for this year. It turned out 37.5" x 46.5" and I call it giant zig zag. I used Kona snow and Jane Sassaman's Prairie Gothic for the front and the back is a chunk I cut off of the quilt. When I made this top is was out of proportion so I decided just to cut it down to a baby quilt size. I used backing I had in my scrap pile to add to the chunk for the back. I quilted it with King Tut Linen and Fine Line for the bobbin in off white. The batting is Warm & Natural. So this is one quilt completed on my May 30 to do list.
I worked on pin basting three more quilts. The one I am using for the family Xmas quilt and I cut out the binding too.
Allison's I spy quilt is pin basted and I cut out binding that matched the border fabric. For the backing I used a piece of scrap backing and a row of extra I spy block to connect the backing together.
For this green quilt I added the white Kona borders which I found in my scrap Kona pile. The center was leftover pieces from a block party quilt. For the back I again dove into my scrap backing pile. I also added a piece of green on the back which I will show once I get it quilted. This is the next one I am quilting. It won't be completely done until after the June 27th MQG meeting becasue I am going to use it for my binding demo. I found the binding already cut out and pressed in the closet! I also pieced together two pieces of my batting scraps and used that for the batting for this quilt. This quilt is turing out to be made of almost all odds and ends!
So over all I used up 2 1/2 yards of wide backing fabric that I had in my backing scrap pile. The pile still doesn't look any smaller.
I am meeting the owner of the Sunbonnet Sue quilt for lunch today so I can pass it off to her. I sure hopes she likes it.