Picture of baby on the turquoise and brown quilt
Covers on sound console and rack at Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena Germany. They are a little wrinkled, but the fellow said "they are fantastic! I don't know how I've lived without something like this."
A doe and fawn hoofing it thru the backyard this weekend. First fawn I have spotted this spring. It was tiny!
Last evening I was looking out the window (it is at ground level) in the studio. I have a copper sculpture - here you can see the top of it.
Then look who was sitting on top of it, but a grinney, that is what I always called them, but it is a chipmunk. I also saw a red headed hummingbird, but it was too quick for me to take a picture.
So here is my new to do list. Glen over at http://quiltswissy.blogspot.com is having a get those quilt tops quilted challange for the month of June. Of course, I could not resist a challange and since I have been on a roll here lately of getting stuff done I figure I might as well join in. You still have time to join in the fun. I went thru my closet last night and here is my list. Some of the same items are on my May 17th list, so I will be killing two birds with one stone. Here are the quilts/tops that need to be completed. I measured them also - you can see I have a tendency to made BIG quilts!
4. Soccer boy 54 1/2 x 73" I may put a border on this one to make it a bit wider.
7. Scrap black and green 34" x 52" this one is partially hand and machine quilted. It has been in this state for years!
8. Maple leaf 78" x 102" the blocks were made by the late sister of a neighbor I had in Dover. I put together the top, because the neighbor does not sew.
9. Danks 90" x 99" this is a young fellow I work with. I made this as a housewarming gift. He and his long time girlfriend have been in their house for 3 years! I need to get this done!
10. Red dog 54" x 65"
11. Black and white star 90" x 106" I was making this for my bed
16. Cobbles 38" x 49"
17. Log Cabin - I did not drag this one out, I was too tired. It is a top I made in the late 70's early 80's. I started hand quilting it. Yes, I will get this done - someday!
When I was going thru the closet I found this - that's a good thing! I don't remember why or when I would have put it in the closet between my quilts.
So that is my list - wish me luck! I sure hope I have enough batting and backing fabric. I should have bought a bolt of backing when I was at Miller's working.