Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This & that/odds & ends, Glen's challange to do list

The Sunbonnet Sue quilt measures 76 1/2" x 82".

Picture of baby on the turquoise and brown quilt

Covers on sound console and rack at Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena Germany. They are a little wrinkled, but the fellow said "they are fantastic! I don't know how I've lived without something like this."


A doe and fawn hoofing it thru the backyard this weekend. First fawn I have spotted this spring. It was tiny!

Last evening I was looking out the window (it is at ground level) in the studio. I have a copper sculpture - here you can see the top of it.

Then look who was sitting on top of it, but a grinney, that is what I always called them, but it is a chipmunk. I also saw a red headed hummingbird, but it was too quick for me to take a picture.

So here is my new to do list. Glen over at http://quiltswissy.blogspot.com is having a get those quilt tops quilted challange for the month of June. Of course, I could not resist a challange and since I have been on a roll here lately of getting stuff done I figure I might as well join in. You still have time to join in the fun. I went thru my closet last night and here is my list. Some of the same items are on my May 17th list, so I will be killing two birds with one stone. Here are the quilts/tops that need to be completed. I measured them also - you can see I have a tendency to made BIG quilts!
1. Allison's I Spy quilt 56 1/2" x 68" done

2. Giant zig zag 39" x 48" Done June 3

3. Blue diamond 80 1/2" x 97 1/2" done June 2013

4. Soccer boy 54 1/2 x 73" I may put a border on this one to make it a bit wider.

5. Plaid stripe 77 1/2" x 92" - first good thing - I have decided this will be this year's family Xmas quilt - two birds/one stone! Done June 23, 2012

6. Plaid flannel 45 1/2" x 60"
finished Dec. 2012

7. Scrap black and green 34" x 52" this one is partially hand and machine quilted. It has been in this state for years!

8. Maple leaf 78" x 102" the blocks were made by the late sister of a neighbor I had in Dover. I put together the top, because the neighbor does not sew.

9. Danks 90" x 99" this is a young fellow I work with. I made this as a housewarming gift. He and his long time girlfriend have been in their house for 3 years! I need to get this done!

10. Red dog 54" x 65"

11. Black and white star 90" x 106" I was making this for my bed

12. LLVL 74" x 96" This one has been pin basted for at least 7 years. I could not decide how to quilt it. Done July 7 or 8

13. Baby African 40" x 49" Done June 24, 2012

14. Green will be 36" x 45" once I add a borderDone 6/6/2012

15. Small African 13 1/2" x 11 1/2" Done June

16. Cobbles 38" x 49"

17. Log Cabin - I did not drag this one out, I was too tired. It is a top I made in the late 70's early 80's. I started hand quilting it. Yes, I will get this done - someday!

When I was going thru the closet I found this - that's a good thing! I don't remember why or when I would have put it in the closet between my quilts.

So that is my list - wish me luck! I sure hope I have enough batting and backing fabric. I should have bought a bolt of backing when I was at Miller's working.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am so happy for you that the covers fit!!
If you finish all of those quilts in June you are superwoman (and I want to see you in full costume, lol!)

Unknown said...

my favorites:

#3 the blue diamonds
#7 The interesting bold black green
#13 The uber cute baby african
and
#14 the spring green w/ blue

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It is amazing that the covers fit when they are made across the planet! Good job! I can't get a block to fit cut right next to my sewing machine sometimes!

I like how you have listed each quilt you have and the good you can accomplish by finishing it. I am going to take a page from your book.

glen: maybe!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh, and I thought the kisses were so funny, imagine finding them in there. But, I have to admit, they are good quilting food!

glen

Lisa said...

Phew! that's a whole lot of quilts! Love the black and green quilt, of course!! Good thing you found chocolate... you will need it probably.