Thursday, May 3, 2012

A mish mash of stuff

First thing last evening was chillin' out for a bit. I had a rough, rough day at work. Then the next thing was to fix my shower handle. It had fallen off when I took my shower. I was already loose, but I couldn't figure out how to screw it back on.

I got out the instructions and they were not a whole lot of help. I finally figure out what the problem was and now it is all back together.

I finished quilting the turquoise and brown quilt and sewed on the binding. I still need to make the mitered corners in the binding before I can do the hand sewing, but I was glad to get as far as I did. I have been getting ready to head to Charm for Friday and Saturday to work at Miller's Dry Goods for their anniversary sale. I wanted to get the laundry done, some odd and ends around the house, and that jacket hemmed before I head out. I need to get to bed early, because I need to get up at 4:30 am to get ready so I can get to Charm by 7 to 7:15. The shop opens at 8 am but I like to get there early and miss the traffic.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Glad you got your shower back together! I once had my kitchen faucet come off and water came spurting out in an arc about five feet high. My first impulse was to try to put my hands over it to plug it up, like the little Dutch boy and the dam! Didn't work then either!

Mailed off the first package today! Hope Peg is excited!

glen