Friday, March 9, 2012

One more row and chili contest results

My chili was not the winner. I came in 5th out of 7. Mine was the only one without onions so I don't know if that had anything to do with the results or not. Regardless, I like my chili and the guys at the office eat it without complaints. The event raised $210.00 for the AmVets which is wonderful. The president said he would match whatever was raised. The event was a lot of fun and everyone was full!

I was tired and busy last evening so I did not get much sewing done. I did go thru a stack of fabric in the stash looking for light novelty fabrics and came up with this pile.

I cut out the 4 1/2" squares and sewed together another row. (the top row is the latest row)

I did get my back order from Hancocks's of this Michael Miller print I have been wanting. I am going to use it in a gray and yellow quilt for Peg's room. One more thing to add to the to do list!

Tonight is Art and Ale at the Akron Art Museum so I have volunteered to work the event. I will leave right after work and head about 1/2 mile up the street to the museum. This is at least 4 or 5 years of working this fun event and pour beer for 3 hours. The rest of the weekend is me time. I want to get the I Spy quilt ready for quilting and if the weather is nice maybe do a little yard work. My flower beds are shameful with all the weeds left from last year. The daffodils are shooting up flower heads and I think I need to get my coneflower seeds started. Sounds like the weekend is going to go by fast!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I think you were working on the I spy quilt last year when you were pouring beer at the museum!

glen