Thursday, March 22, 2012

Linen piece is coming along

I worked on the linen piece for a couple of hours last evening and got a lot done. Maybe if you enlarge the picture you can see that the top 1/3 is all sewn together except for the pieces at the far left that were a last minute thought. I need to add that brown horizontal piece at the bottom left of the checkboard looking section. I sewed together many of the pieces for the row of patched just above the long blue horizonal piece. I decided I didn't like what was going on under the blue section in yesterday's picture, so I played around reworking that area.

I have a family thing tonight so I have this bag my sister made that she needs me to finish. I sewed on the tri-colored rope cording and before I head down the highway I will flip the edging to the inside and stitch it down. One more thing done and out of my house!


Exuberant Color said...

the more you add to the linen quilt the better I like it.

QuiltSwissy said...

I really like the modern-ness of this piece. What a fabulous quilt it will become!