Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Almost there on the linen piece; update on the wool quilt

I finished sewing together the bottom section. Tonight I will sew the long seam which will join the top and bottom sections.

Of course I am not done playing because I still have a few scraps left. Here I added pieces at each side. I will sew together each side in units and keep auditioning them until I like the way it looks.

Now an update on the wool quilt. My brother called me from Boston and said he won't need the quilt this tour. The crew he is on is flying everywhere so he doesn't need a quilt for a bus bunk. This is unusual - most crews do not fly from town to town - they use buses. I cleaned up all the parts, pieces, and the top placing them together in the fabric storage room so that the next tour he goes on I can easily find everything and make the bus bunk quilt then. Another UFO!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That linen quilt is going to be very cool. Too bad about the wool quilt. I was really enjoying that one! I'll look forward to the day to comes back out to play.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL. Now your brother is encouraging the growth of your UFO stack!

Linen is looking good.

glen