Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where's my help?

I managed to put a label on a quilt and that was it. I was so tired when I got home last night. Read on and you will know why. I was suppose to get help moving all this stuff, but as ususal I got stuck doing it by myself.

Before - those brown bags contain the construction drawings for all the projects/schools we have been the construction managers for the school district.


After I moved 22 boxes and 108 rolls of drawings to the basement storage room.



Before

After - I moved the loose drawings to the center island for sorting - see the next picture.



So as I was moving the loose drawings on to the center island one of the project engineers (PE) said he had some stuff in his office left from the last PE that used that office. He added a couple of boxes plus a bunch of drawings - more to sort. After sorting I have to move all of this downstairs.


Then this afternoon after I get the table cleared off I need to take the drawings we don't need anymore off the wall racks, roll them up, put them in a brown bag, label them, and move them downstairs.


Another fun filled day at work. Can you believe I am a estimator/Contract administrator with an f**king MBA and I am doing this? Yes, I am grateful that I have a job, but all I wanted was some help. Some of the boxes weight 50 - 60 pounds and I am feeling it today. Maybe that is why I am crabby.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

it is amazing who they dump the work load on and who sits at a desk and doesn't lift a finger. I would be exhausted too if I did all of that.

GerryART said...

Cripes! ! !
You'd think they'd find someone with brawn to lift and move the heaviest of the heavy.

At the VERY least.

Hugs,
Gerry