Friday, February 25, 2011

Quilting and more snow

It is hard to take a picture of snow and capture it. This is at 5:50 this morning as I begin to shovel the 3 inches of very heavy snowman packing snow. The wind is howling although I didn't get cold. The roads were terrible on my way to work. I could not go more than 20 mph, but I made it in one piece so I am a happy camper!


Here is a shot of the driveway. This is how fast the snow is coming down. The snow on the right is where I first shoveled and where I shoveled on the left shows what accumilated after 30 minutes. It is suppose to continue to snow until 1 P.M. today.


The quilting has started on the improv quilt for my friend's daughter.


Tonight my nephew is doing a solo show at Ripper Ownes resturant/bar in town. Ripper filled in for Rob Halford of Judias Priest for a number of years. Saturday night my nephew's band, Retro, is playing at resturant/bar that they played in December. The management was so happy with their performance that they wanted them back. The rest of the weekend is quilting and getting those alterations done.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Be careful in that snow! Hope it warms up soon where you are. We are having 75 plus degree weather here. Our winters are quite short here in south Tx. Rare to see snow here, like once every 100 years! LOL
Have a great weekend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am SO happy the snow missed us again, just a dusting on the driveway and the sun is shining and melting it. I have a class at my house tomorrow and didn't want to spend all of my time cleaning off the driveway.