Monday, February 21, 2011

The weekend went fast!

I had a good time Saturday going to the bulk food store for cheese and spices; meet up with a friend, P, and went over to the quilt shop; then we went over to see the twin girls. This is the only piece of fabric I bought at the shop, but I did sign up to go on a bus trip with my friend to the IX center in Cleveland to a Sewing and Quilting Expo. It was only $30.00 and that included the ticket, the bus, one free class session, and a gift bag. This way P and I can just hang out together. P has gone to this before and her favorite part is just seeing all the new stuff the vendors have.


Aren't they cute?



My friend, K, came over on Sunday and we got the quilt for her daughter pin basted. It took all afternoon to make the back. I am just glad it is finally ready for quilting.


Here is the pieced strip we made for the back.


I trimmed down these t-shirts and started to sash them together Sunday morning. I have some cool fabric in my stash with baseballs and bats on it and I plan on using that for the binding. This is a donation piece for the local rec center. My brother is good friends with the lady that runs the place and she use to be in charge of the baseball league.

No comments: