Friday, June 25, 2010

Too busy pouring beer to ...

take a picture of the crowd at the first Downtown @ Dusk at the Akron Art Museum. I got to my post early and people were wanting to buy a beer. I didn't have the cash drawer yet so I was scrambling to sell enough to make change. I had one fellow that trusted me with the change I could not give him from his $20 to come back later because I didn't have any ones. They came back and just bought a couple more drinks and paid the difference. It was crazy! There were four people serving and taking the money and the fantastic staff at the museum keep bringing out more ice to keep the beer cold and helping us dig the beer bottles out of the ice. I got to the museum at 5:45 and left at 8:30. I think I might have not had a customer for maybe a total of 5 minutes the entire time.

Here is a picture I took in the car on my way to the museum. You have to look very close, but if you look at the top of the left traffic light horizontal post you can see the blimp. They fly around town all the time. It is alway pretty cool to see it.



Have a great productive weekend everyone. I have a bunch of alterations to do and I want to get them out of the way so I can quilt that girly baby quilt and the green block quilt that still isn't done.

One week until the Tour!

No comments: