Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another UFO done!

Last evening after mowing I was messing about and looking for something to just stick a few stitches in and I dug out a UFO that needed about a half hour of machine quilting and it would be done. The center fabric in this quilt is from the wardrobe lady who works for Jimmy Buffet. My brother toured with JB for 3 or 4 years. I got to go to many concerts and met so many nice people who were on the tour. The wardrobe mistress was so nice and we hit it off right away. She was cleaning out her stash (she has designed costumes for Janet Jackson and Cher) and thought of me, so she boxed up and threw on the bus a bunch of fabric. Some of the fabric was the ends of the yardage that was especially printed for the band for shirts. That is what the center fabric for this piece is. It is too cool to cut up so I have been racking my brain on how to use it in a quilt without cutting it up too much so you don't lose the neat stuff in the border. In the close up shots you can see footprints and sharks peaking out of the water.




Here are the additional pieces that I have. There are six border prints, a couple of smaller all over prints, and the pants - well, yes, they are a pair of Jimmy's pants. I have no idea how my bro ended up with them, but they are going to be appliqued to a quilt one of these days.


How do you get family members to quit bringing you sewing project you don't want to do? This is driving me crazy! This is a picture of some cushions that have been sitting since last year. I don't want to cover them, but I felt like I did not have a choice. I hate that. Any advice? I need to have them done for Sunday so I will probably wait until Saturday to throw them together.

Friday night my nephew's band is playing a private party at a country club and I get to be a roadie to help pack up the equipment after the show. I just love to hear those kids play. Since I am a "superfan" of the band, I got picked to ride the float in the 4th of July parade that the band in playing in. My sister-in-law said she had so much fun riding last year smiling and waving at the crowd. I don't have a bucket list, but I have never been in a parade before so if this had been on my list I could cross it off now!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You have the most interesting family! I don't know if any other quilters who get fabric from entertainer's wardrobes!