Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Clean up in aisle S!"

In order to layout my Millennium quilt for pin basting I needed to clean off my table. In the picture it is 6' x 8', but I will flip up the other leaf and it will be 8' x 8'. I pretty much live in my quilting studio and this table gets to be a dumping ground. So as part of my effort to get the Millennium quilt done for Jacquie's Spring to Finish, I had to clean off the table. The quilt will hang over the end by about 2 feet, but the majority will be pinned together before I have to slid it to pin those last 2 feet. I don't know how I would ever be able to pin baste this quilt together without this table. Crawing on the floor would not be my idea of a good time.


The after...

Tonight I have to get the backing dyed for the Millennium quilt so that I am ready to start pin basting it this weekend and maybe even get a little quilting done.

I did not go out and check the bunnies last night. It was cold and rainy and I did not to let any heat escape from the nest by pulling back the grass and fir that is keeping them warm. As soon as the sun shines again I will try and get a picture of their progress.

3 comments:

Leeanne said...

Good luck with the basting and quilting...you have good table for this. I hope the wee bunnies are OK.

Vicki W said...

Where did you get that fabulous table?????

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can't baste on the floor any more either. I have 3 big tables I push together. Your table is pretty nifty