Monday, May 10, 2010

Back from Holmes County

Here is Miller's Dry Goods Friday morning at 7:15 am. Yes, there is someone waiting for the shop to open at 8 am. We were very busy Friday and Saturday morning and then the rest of the time the flow of customers was steady enough that I had to work hard at finding the time to do a little of my own shopping.


Inside the shop.


Here are a few of the fabrics I bought. I also bought a bolt of P & B white and found a great deal on a bolt of 116" wide backing - good quality stuff at 30% off $5.00 a yard! I bought the whole bolt which was 19 yards. That ought to be enough to last awhile.




Overall, I had a great time working and seeing all the women again. Lunch was furnished by the owner and many of the women brought killer desserts!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I bet that was fun. I would rather work the sale than be one of the shoppers waiting in line to have fabric cut.

Leeanne said...

What a quaint looking store, this is not run of the mill in N.Z. Love the fabrics!

Selvage Quilter said...

I like the fabrics! Looks like fun. What are you going to do with a bolt of white fabric?
Karen
PS Tomorrow I'll probably have to go out for white fabric. haha.

Angie said...

Exciting day! $5 a yard is great for such high quality brands like P&B. I am jealous for stash building day :) I am looking forward to mine this weekend!

www.craftedangles.com