Thursday, May 27, 2010

As Popeye use to say...

"I've had all I can takes, and I can't takes it no more!" I need a break from the yardwork! Last night I relocated my neighbor's sweet peet pile off the street to beside their house. I moved 9 or 10 wheelbarrows of material. Now they will have more parking for company over Memorial Day. I moved the rest of my sweet peet pile to the back garden (see the pics below). I only had 5 or 6 loads. I needed to get the back straighten out so I could plant the Helleborus I received in the mail yesterday.

The trash pile is getting smaller. I didn't have time to clean up the rest of it las night. I worked from 5:45 to 9:30 and between the skitters and the darkness, I finally called it quits. The rest will be put in the bins over the weekend.



A reminder of what the back looked like before ...


Here is a shot of the back I took quickly this morning. SO much better!


Here is a closer shot of the 2 year old Helleborus I just received from Sky at www.lentenrose.com. The plants are wonderful! A big shout out to you Sky!

This is enough of the yard and landscaping talk. I am back to quilting and sewing! One of my quilting friends, P, is coming up for an overnight visit and sewing marathon over Memorial Day so I will have some progress reports on Tuesday on the Millennium quilt and the green squares. Tonight it will be some studio clean up to get ready for the weekend.

No comments: