Monday, March 22, 2010

Fell off the fabric diet wagon.

There is a quilt shop in New Philadelphia, Ohio called the Material Girl and they were having their March Madness sale. Their prices are so good and at 20% off how could I not at least look! Damages - 16 yards.

I had these in my stash ...




so I bought these to go with them.




I bought three pieces on top of this pile, the red and white strip, and the red and yellow pieces with peppers on them to go with all the the rest of the red and yellow fabric for a quilt I will make one of these days.




I needed some browns to replinish my stash in case I needed to make another quilt with browns.



I had the olive polka dot and found two pieces that would go with it.



I had to buy these pinks ..




to go with this pink and gray stripe



I spent Sunday afternoon at the art museum helping hand out tickets to the people that attended the Empty Bowl Event. You buy a ticket and get a hand made bowl of your choice and three bowls of soup chosen from a dozen available from local resturants. The proceeds go to the food bank. Here is a picture of one of the two tables of bowls. We sold out at 250 bowls. The soup, esp. the salmon bisque, was wonderful.


I did not get the green cow quilt done, but I did start quilting it.

2 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

busy,busy!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a great bunch of fabrics you got! I haven't seen blue batiks like those. I have some blue and white Dutch wax batiks from the 1990's but I don't know if they are the same range of blue. It's great to fill in the gaps of your stash with a good sale.