Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Secret project, zinnias, and sunrise

I worked hard last night to get the grass tuff border done. It took about 3 hours to finish it but it looks so good. The shirt I did this stitching on had to be stitched on three sides. Here is a little drawing of what the top looks like with the different borders I have stitched. Only one more to go!

Here are the zinnias that have come up on their own. If I have this many this year without even trying, I wonder how many I will have next year! I had seeded this bed last year with Green Envy zinnias and candy cane zinnias, but all I have are solid pink ones! Too funny!

I have this pot of cone flowers that I bough a month ago and it is doing well. I have a watering can full of water just inside the garage so it makes it easy to give it a drink everyday. I have to get it in the ground soon.

Here is what the sky looked like at 6:45 am this morning

and by 7:10 this is what it looked like. I was out taking a walk before work, looked up, and had to take a picture of the sky.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wonder if all Zinnias revert to the original that they were before being modified into special ones. I'm saving a lot of seed in case mine don't come up by themselves next year.

Vicki W said...

Looks like we will be seeing the secret project soon! I don't know anything about flowers. I garden with Roundup. 😁

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have some variegated shrubs that put out shoots of all green. Over the years two of them are no longer variegated. Interesting. Man affects things, but not forever!
Such a beautiful sky. We have had some low humidity days and beautiful skies. those are nice days to be working on the siding.