Monday, October 24, 2016

Secret project revealed and flannel quilt project

I received at text on Friday that Glenda of quiltswissy received the secret project. The post office was fast! Here is what she received

It is 29 3/4" x 42" and is made of t-shirts - some Glenda sent me and one I found at the Goodwill. I embroidered the lettering, stitched borders around the shirts, added patches, and machine quilted it just like I did the AC/DC piece. Here are some detail shots.

Glenda said that it makes her happy and that no one has ever given her a quilt before. She said she was going to post it on her blog today quiltswissy.blogspot.com.

I worked on the flannel quilt this weekend. Once I got the top done I pieced together the backing and taped it down to my table

Gently smoothed out the batting with a yardstick

Laid out the top for pin basting using my covered bricks to help hold the top at one end while I positioned it in place and pressed the top flat with the iron to lock the layers together.

I pin basted it while I watched the PBS special on Hamilton. I wonder why Lin-Manuel started documenting the process on film? It took 6 years to get Hamilton written. How would he have known it was going to be a huge hit?

pin basted.

The bobbins are wound and the machine is set up for free motion quilting.

6 comments:

swooze said...

You are so sweet to do that for Glen. She is a friend of mine. I feel put to shame by everyone as I haven't come up with that great idea for her yet.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Mine! The secret project was for me! I'm so loving it! Thank you from DiNozzo too, he thought it smelled wonderful!

glen

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are a very generous person.

sophie said...

Perfect gift and great timing!

quiltedfabricart said...

What a kind thing to make the quilt for glen! She deserves some love and you have helped her so much.
Speaking of pbs, have you watched the masterpiece show about the family moving to Greece? I watched the first episode tonight and loved it

Vicki W said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful gift!