Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Go Cleveland and progress on the flannel quilt


Tonight is the first game of the World Series. I think it will be a hard fought series. Both Cleveland and Chicago are long suffering teams that deserve to win it all. My grandpa was a long time suffering Cubs fan, but Grandpa Brown, I am rooting for Cleveland!

I got started on quilting the flannel quilt. I am making the triple loops bigger than I would on a cotton quilt. I have to loop around the intersections since they are thick! Some of the flannels I used are very heavy flannels and even though I trimmed the intersections, they are still thick. The backing flannel is also a very firm, slightly heavier flannel. I am using Connecting Threads Essential in Turkey Red.

The color in the pictures is way off. The backing is a gold/tan color not pink like in the picture.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Those loops are one of my favorite quilting patterns!