Friday, April 8, 2016

More progress and snow?

I got another pair of Docker type pants deconstructed last night. One more pair to go.

I made two batches of cookies last evening and I was a bit challenged. The recipes were from a book I borrowed from the library that was written by a woman whose Dad was French. Well, let's just say there were issues! The Cinnamon Cookies called for 3 Tablespoons of cinnamon! I thought that was a bit excessive so I cut back to a rounded teaspoon. Also the dough would not come together so I put in an egg. Perfect! I roll the dough into a log and let it get cold for a couple of hours. Sliced, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, baked, and they are delicious! The chocolate cookie recipe called for 3 Tablespoons of vanilla! Really? I put it 1 3/4 teaspoon. It also call to bake them at 400 degrees. I baked them at 350. Again the dough would not come together so I added an egg and a bit more flour, rolled in a log, cooled in the fridge, sliced and baked. They taste really good! So here they are cooling.

I did get a bit of knitting done and the red scarf is now 8 1/4" long.
I woke up to this sight this morning

What the heck? My poor daffodils are so depressed. There heads are hanging on the ground. This weather is just plain unacceptable! And then everybody keeps telling me we are suppose to get 5" tonight! This weather is just crazy!

This weekend's activities will be visiting my son, working on the jean quilt, and probably doing a bit of knitting. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

Just stay warm and safe. Have a great visit with your son. Watching your progress on the deconstruction of the jeans is giving me hope that I can do the same soon.