Tuesday, April 26, 2016
AD Hoc improv project
I received two more AC/DC t-shirts Friday for my improv t-shirt piece I am doing for the Akron Art Prize. There are only two more that I need, but since the prices of the shirts for Flick of the Switch and Fly on the Wall have been $40.00+ dollars for decent shirts, I have ordered woven patches to represent those albums. Here are the shirts as of right now not hung in any particular order. I won't be able to start sewing this together until they publish the rules for this year's event. I need to know the size limitation. The first piece I made for the show two years ago the size was 96" x 96". Last year it was changed to 72" X 72". I don't want to guess that the size has not changed and then have to go back and redo the piece.
The woven patches came in the mail yesterday. They are a good size and are nice.
Last night I made myself fix the neighbor kid's pants. For one pair I had to narrow the width of the leg from the knee down and then fix the crotch blow outs on all four.
I received my order from Superior threads yesterday too. They had 12w. thread on sale for $1.50 a spool. There were some good reviews on using it for hand stitching so I thought I would get a bunch of colors and try it out.
I also bought a spool of their new thread for general sewing to try. I will see if it is better than Coats or Gutermann.